At Indy Paws, we know that emergencies can be scary for you and your pet family.
If you feel your pet is having an emergency, please call us to see if we are able to accommodate an urgent care appointment. These are approved on a case-by-case basis.
Emergencies that should receive immediate medical attention:
- Hit by car or trauma
- Difficulty breathing; blue or purple gums
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Facial swelling
- Male cat that is not urinating or is straining to urinate or defecate
- Bloated or swelling abdomen; unproductive retching
- Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea
- Toxin or foreign body ingestion
- Proptosed (popped out) eye
- Active seizures
- Pregnant dog with >2 hours between puppy delivery (dystocia)